My Healthy Hair Care Toolkit

My Healthy Hair Care Toolkit

Buongiorno tutti!

It probably will not come as a surprise at this point to tell you guys that I am as selective with my haircare products as I am my other beauty products.  I really go the extra mile in researching brands and the ingredients found in their products, before adding them to my favorites—especially for products applied directly to the scalp like shampoo.

I’ve never really put together a list of my favorite hair care products, so I thought I’d dedicate a whole post to that today. Enjoy!

image1 (1).jpg

If all else fails, throw on a hat.

1. Young Living Products

Young Living is an amazing brand that is best known for their high quality essential oils.  In my family, we have used their lavender shampoo and conditioner for years.  They are not the least expensive hair care products out there, but if you are looking to invest in a really nice, quality set of products, I have nothing but glowing reviews.

The lavender products smell wonderful and I just love knowing that they are made with such care, high quality ingredients, and essential oils.  The shampoo particularly is extremely rich and really feels luxurious.

Bonus: Lavender is known for aiding in hair growth as well.

2. Burgati

IMG_2548.jpg

I’ve recently come across this brand and have since absorbed it into my little shower team. Their thought is, “We believe beauty is in simplicity. We make beauty simple.”  LOVE that.  Beauty should be simple, and with ingredients like argan oil, keratin, and carrot root oil, natural beauty just shines through all on its own.

Burgati is as concerned with providing luxurious results as it is with avoiding harmful chemicals like sulfates and parabens.  You definitely don’t need to sacrifice one of these things for the other.

My favorite ingredient in their products is argan oil.  You guys know how much I slather on argan oil on the reg. for soft and shiny hair, so I tend to include it in all facets of my hair regime.  Their shampoo and conditioner are rich and moisturizing and the leave-in conditioner is the icing on the cake—highly recommend!

3. OGX Weightless Healing Dry Oil

IMG_0873.jpg

Honestly, I picked up this oil about a year ago quite randomly at the drug store and it’s become a staple for me.  OGX is an awesome brand that is health conscious and avoids many harmful chemicals.

This spray is also an argan oil-based product (told you I’m hooked) and I use it primarily on damp hair as a heat protectant.   I spray it before I blow dry my hair, and it also helps make my hair come out smoother and shinier.  It’s great in the summer as well to protect hair from too much drying under the sun.

It’s a light, and non-greasy oil which is hard to find with argan.  Super cheap and lasts forever!

4. Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray

This is my styling product go-to.  This dry spray instantly adds volume and hold and works great with curly, wavy, or messier styles.  I use it on my dry hair from about the ears down after curling and it just adds such fullness that lasts.  I just spray it in and kind of mess my hair around as I spray.

There are some really interesting ingredients in this spray too: ginger root extract, kiwi and passion flower extracts, and mango extract to name a few.

I do tend to be a little more lenient as far as ingredients go with products that are not applied directly to my scalp, but Oribe really has a great line up anyways.

IMG_2541.jpg

I hope you guys enjoyed this post and I just think it’s so awesome that there are options now for people who are concerned about using cleaner products.  Not too long ago, they were very few products to choose from, and it really is exciting to see all these great products emerge that also do a bangin’ job.  Happy hair day!

Ciao ciao,

Amanda <3

32 Comments

1. February 1, 2017 / 1:26 pm

Thank you for the visit on my blog and I really love this post on healthy hair. I’m always looking for more natural and high quality things for my own hair. Curly hair is hard to take care of, but these products sound nice. Let me know if you would like me to write about anything specifically. Thanks again for the positive vibes on my own blog!

2. February 1, 2017 / 1:31 pm

I have been looking for a good dry spray and this one sounds amazing! Different from most of the ones that I see. Thanks for doing this post. Girrrrrrrrrrl you have some seriously beautiful, shiny hair!

• February 2, 2017 / 10:53 pm

Yes, the spray is a game changer for sure! Aww thank you so much!! I have to attribute most of the shine to sleeping with coconut oil in! ❤

3. February 1, 2017 / 1:39 pm

Great blog post! I love your hat lolxx

4. February 2, 2017 / 9:02 am

Quality post! As always! If only my hair looked like yours 😉

• February 2, 2017 / 10:51 pm

Aww thank you love ❤ honestly I don’t do anything crazy! Just love me some coconut oil! 😊

5. February 2, 2017 / 8:33 pm

First off where did you get that hat? Secondly loved the blog post

• February 2, 2017 / 10:50 pm

Oh thank you!! The hat is Steve Madden and I found it at Marshalls 😊

6. February 3, 2017 / 7:33 am

This is great! I’ve been looking to invest a bit more in my hairs. I currently have the olaplex treatment but would like to try one of the above in between treatments.

• February 3, 2017 / 11:03 pm

Thank you! They are great staples and the shampoos are awesome. 🙂

7. February 6, 2017 / 5:25 pm

Great tips! You have great hair, so I will take your word for it. My biggest hair troubles are with styling 🙁

8. February 7, 2017 / 1:12 pm

I love OGX products, I also use the Argan Oil range from them but the oil I use is not in a spray form, its a liquid I rub onto my hair. Its crazy how similar the bottles are haha! I’ve got a post scheduled for later this week about my product, have a read if you get the time 💋

• February 7, 2017 / 11:18 pm

Oh cool! Yeah I’ve only ever used this one and I liked that it’s a spray so it can never be too much/greasy but if the oil is light, I’d love that.

9. February 10, 2017 / 4:33 pm

Loved the post, what would you say is a really good product to use on dry and frizzy hair?

• February 10, 2017 / 6:44 pm

Thank you! I would say for the dryness to do some coconut oil hair masks the night before washing and for the frizz argan oil is awesome! I would apply it on damp hair before blow drying/ air drying.

10. February 16, 2017 / 10:30 am

You don’t include a comb! I’m not using one at the moment, only a brush. Do you think a comb isn’t necessary? I have long hair and it gets knotty from scarves and hats in the winter. Now I’m brushing the knots instead of first combing them out and I’m not sure if this is good for my hair or if it’s breaking the ends…?

• February 19, 2017 / 5:46 pm

Actually I don’t really use one! I used to use a wide toothed comb on wet hair but I think it kind of leads to pulling more hairs out, personally. I just blow dry or air dry and use a brush. 🙂

• February 24, 2017 / 10:14 am

Yes me too! Yeah, lavender has been my best hair friend for a long time haha 🙂

11. February 24, 2017 / 8:28 am

Your hair looks incredible! Might give these hair products a try 😉

• February 24, 2017 / 10:13 am

Oh thank you! Awesome, let me know how they work for you!! 🙂