Buongiorno e buon lunedì a tutti!
Happy Monday! 🙂 Who couldn’t use a little beauty inspo on a Monday morning?
I came up with these two cute variations on a classic braid hairstyle for you guys to try out this week! Good for school, work, or wherever! These styles are a bit off the beaten path, while not being overcomplicated.
Before I do any braiding, I always use dry shampoo. Whether I actually need it or not, it just makes grasping the hair easier and provides more volume. My favorite at the moment is Not Your Mother’s Clean Freak Refreshing Dry Shampoo. It doesn’t spray out white, like many other brands, and gives a lot of body.
Style #1 : The Bubble Braid
This bubble braid- named by yours truly- is for the braiding novice. Maybe you’re not so well-versed in french or dutch braiding your own hair. Totally get it. This look is super simple and is a cool twist on a classic pony tail.
⇒Bonus: it takes like three minutes to complete. Ideal for those like me that are always in a rush to get out the door in the morning! 😉 I feel you, girl.
- First, gather your hair into a low pony. You can tease the pony a little bit for extra fullness if you want, just don’t do it too much because you still have to braid! (sidenote: this style looks best on smoothed out hair, whether that’s smooth waves or straightened hair, the pony that comes out the bottom will look nicer this way.)
- Then divide hair into three sections and start doing a basic braid. All you need to do is just a couple over-unders before pinching off your braid with a tiny hair elastic. If you do the braid a little on the tighter side, it makes it easier to pull the pieces out after for extra fullness. The best finishing touch on a braid is pulling out the pieces to create more volume.
And there you have it! Special guest appearance courtesy of my fur nephew, Knox! 🙂
Style #2 : The Edgy Dutch Braid
The second look is for those who are a little more comfortable with braiding. I never run out of things to do with a fluffy dutch braid because it’s such a great way to keep your hair out of the way all day and it always looks pretty. This one has a different, edgy spin on it, perfect for day or night!
- First, start at the very top of your head with three small strands of hair. My secret to a clean dutch braid is taking rather small pieces as I go, from the same level on my head as I am with the braid- if that makes sense. In other words, I try to take new pieces that are at the same “height” as where I am working on the braid. That keeps the whole braid really tight going down.
- Braid all the way down your head, using all the hair and cinch it off at the base of your scalp.
- Then pull out the pieces one by one, to fluff up your braid.
- Lastly, take a little piece of hair from the remaining pony, and wrap it around the hair tie. Here, you have a couple options: you can try and tuck in the end of that wrapped piece into the hair tie to secure it, or you can stick a bobby pin downward into the pony to hold the end in place. (I chose bobby pin.)
I hope you guys got some ideas from these two looks for hairstyles of your own! Let me know what you think is the comments! xoxo
Photo of dry shampoo- source: target.com
so pretty 🙂
thank you! 🙂
no problem 🙂
thank you! <3
Super pretty. Totally makes me want to put extensions back in my hair! I especially like the dutch braid.
Thank you! 😊 Even if you have shorter hair you can really make hair look full in a Dutch braid by pulling out the pieces.
I’m actually terrible at braids, I can do a simple plat however when it comes to dutch,french it all goes out the window for me! Yet, reading this has defiantly put it into an easier way for me. Thankyou! (: <3
Aw I’m glad it was helpful to you! I’ve practiced so much, you can figure it out! ❤️
Love this. I always have to get my friends to braid my hair, going to have to learn myself lol x
You totally can! Don’t get discouraged and just keep practicing. Once you nail it, it’s the easiest (and coolest) go-to style!
I’m so lazy with doing hairstyles. Yours look lovely 💛
Same honestly. Haha thank you! 😊
I’m so late on the dry shampoo train but I’m not getting off anytime soon. That is the exact brand and scent I tried the first time I used dry shampoo and I love it! Also the braid on the right is my fav 🙂
Yeah it can definitely save the day! And it makes braiding so much easier. Thank you! 😊
Definitely have to try on my daughter. So pretty.
Thank you! Good luck 🙂 <3
Love the dutch braid. I have really long hair, so I’m gonna give this a go! x
Yes! So pretty with long hair, and all fluffed out 🙂
Love it, i cant do many braids i can just about do the normal one haha even then though my hair is so curly it just comes out 🙁 great post though!
haha even with just a regular braid you can do really cool things if you get creative! 🙂 Thank you!
I will have to try that haha, sick of the same old same old :/
Yeah! keep trying, you will definitely get it and it will be so worth it! 🙂
Looks great! Cute puppy =)
Thank you! 😊
These braids are perfect! I love a good braid when I’m running late and these ones look so pretty!!
Thank you so much! Yeah it’s my easy hairstyle/ dirty hair hairstyle 😄
I wish I had long hair to try these!
You can still do a lot with braids with shorter hair! especially if you fluff them up! 🙂
I’m always looking for new hairstyles! Thanks for this post and for the support on one of my recent posts!
Thank you lovely! 🙂
Will definitely try the last braid for school! thanks x
Yay! Glad you like it! 😊